The following components are included in the SDK:
Assemblies needed to develop applications that target either the Cluster Scheduler or Embedded Scheduler:
In addition to the above assemblies, the following assemblies are needed by the Embedded Scheduler:
The API documentation (this document) and Visual Studio Intellisense XML.
Applications for monitoring and debugging the cluster job scheduler:
- Management Console - An application that queries and prints the state of the cluster. For instance, you can print the list of tasks and agents in the coordinator.
Run AGI.Parallel.ManagemeneConsole.exe in a cmd prompt to see the usage instructions.
The following full applications demonstrating different uses of the API are located in the Examples folder. Although the included solutions were saved with Visual Studio 2008, it is safe to open and migrate them with a later version of Visual Studio.
- AddExample - Simple example that adds two numbers together.
- EmbeddedSchedulerTemplate - Template Visual Studio project that already sets up the embedded job scheduler.
- Mandelbrot - An interactive example that renders the Mandelbrot fractal in parallel.
- PiCalculator - Computes arbitrary large digit instances of PI.
- PingPong - Demonstrates a simple use of message passing.
- DichotomicSearch - Example that uses sub tasks to solve a divide and conquer algorithm.
In addition, the following are examples of how to use this product with other AGI products. These examples are located in the WorkingWithAGIProducts directory. The other AGI products must be installed and licensed separately.
- WhereIsMySatelliteServer - Example of how to use this product with STK in a simple web service.
- WhereIsMySatelliteClient - Various client applications that can consume the web service provided at WhereIsMySatelliteServer.
- AirlineRouteAnalyzer - Example of how to use STK Components with this product.
For more complete samples, take a look at the How To.
What is NOT included in the SDK
The Coordinator and Agent are bundled in the Install, which is distributed separately. Make sure you have acquired the Install if you plan to develop applications targeting the cluster job scheduler.