The 2D Map window control.
By default, you can use the mouse in the following ways to interact with the 2D Graphics window:
- The latitude and longitude of the cursor position on the 2D map window is displayed in the status bar. To activate the status bar select View > Status Bar from the Menu bar. The latitude and longitude are shown in the scenario lat-lon units which can be found and changed in the Scenario > Basic > Units properties window.
- Select the Zoom In button on the default toolbar or 2D window default tool bar and drag it across the area of the 2D map window you want to zoom in to. Using the Zoom In button changes the map center.
- Click on the Zoom Out button on the default toolbar or 2D window default toolbar to zoom out of the 2D window one zoom level. You can continue to click the Zoom Out button until the 2D map fills the display window.
- Use the mouse scroll wheel to zoom in and out of the 2D map window. Using the mouse scroll wheel does not add any zoom levels to the zoom stack so after zooming in using the mouse scroll wheel hitting the Zoom Out button will zoom all the way out to a global view.
- To move the central body in grab mode, click the Grab Globe button on the default toolbar or the 2D window default toolbar and click and drag in the 2D window. To leave grab mode, click the Grab Globe button again.
|CopyFromWinID||Copies an existing window's scene into this control. The Window ID of the source window can be obtained from the WinID on this control.|
|GetWindowProjectedPosition||Get the window projected position for given values.|
|PickInfo||Get detailed information about a mouse pick.|
|RestoreMouseCursor||Restores mouse cursor back to normal.|
|RubberBandPickInfo||Get detailed information about a rubber-band mouse pick. The values must be within the 2D window (0 to width-1 for left and right, 0 to height-1 for top and bottom).|
|SetMouseCursorFromFile||Sets mouse cursor to the selected cursor file.|
|SetMouseCursorFromHandle||Sets mouse cursor to the passed cursor handle.|
|ZoomIn||Enter zoom-in mode. User must left click-and-drag mouse to define area to zoom.|
|ZoomOut||Zoom out to view a larger portion of a previously magnified map.|
|AdvancedPickMode||When set to True, appends
the extended information as described below to the strings returned
by ObjPath property of AgPickInfoData.
- For MTO objects, track ID associated with a Multi-Track is returned. For instance: "/Application/STK/Scenario/Test/MTO/tle-08747 2", where 2 is the track ID associated with a Multi-Track Object.
- For Satellites, the event ID for graphics time event is returned.
|Application||Reference to the STK X application object.|
|BackColor||The background color of the control.|
|InZoomMode||Returns true if in zoom in mode.|
|MouseMode||Whether this control responds to mouse events.|
|NoLogo||If true, the splash logo is not shown.|
|OLEDropMode||How the control handles drop operations.|
|PanModeEnabled||Enables/disables pan mode for map control.|
|Picture||The splash logo graphic to be displayed in the control.|
|PictureFromFile||The splash logo graphic file to be displayed in the control.|
|ProgressImageFile||The complete image file name/path for animated progress image.|
|ProgressImageXOffset||The horizontal X offset for animated progress image.|
|ProgressImageXOrigin||The X origin alignment for animated progress image.|
|ProgressImageYOffset||The vertical Y offset for animated progress image.|
|ProgressImageYOrigin||The Y origin alignment for animated progress image.|
|ShowProgressImage||The animated progress image type.|
|VendorID||The identifier of the vendor.|
|WinID||Window identifier (for Connect commands).|
|Click||Occurs when the user presses and then releases a mouse button over the control.|
|DblClick||Occurs when the user presses and releases a mouse button and then presses and releases it again over the control.|
|KeyDown||Occurs when the user presses a key while the control has the focus.|
|KeyPress||Occurs when the user presses and releases a key or key combination that corresponds to an ANSI code.|
|KeyUp||Occurs when the user releases a key while the control has the focus.|
|MouseDown||Occur when the user presses a mouse button.|
|MouseMove||Occurs when the mouse pointer is moved across the control.|
|MouseUp||Occur when the user releases a mouse button.|
|MouseWheel||Occurs when the mouse wheel is rotated on the control.|
|OLEDragDrop||Fired when a source component is dropped onto the control|
The Map control can be created as any regular ActiveX control.
The STK Objects library is also available with STK X. You can instantiate the root object and from it navigate and manipulate the STK scenario. Please see STK Objects for more details.
Click here for instructions on adding STK X controls to a Visual Studio project.