Users of your STK Engine application need to be aware of the
following compatibility issues:
- STK and the STK Engine merge modules share the same file set,
so any changes made to STK files could impact STK Engine.
- If STK is installed on a computer with an STK Engine
application, the STK software version must be the same or higher
than the version of STK Engine that the STK Engine application was
built on. STK Engine is only compatible with STK 6.1 or
- STK Engine Merge Modules are backwards compatible. For example,
if you have two STK Engine applications running on the same system
and one installed a higher version of the STK Engine Merge Module,
both applications will run.
- Uninstalling STK from the system will result in removal of the
data files that may be used by the STK Engine application. The STK
Engine application should be reinstalled.
- If the STK Engine Application is installed before STK on the
computer, the location of the shared file set is the default
folder. The subsequent STK install uses the same location. If STK
is installed first on the computer, the STK Engine Application will
use the shared files where STK was installed.
STK 11.2.1 Programming Interface