Ranking is a numerical value that represents the favoritism of one timeslot over another. STK Scheduler calculates and maintains a Ranking value for each one of a task's timeslots. When the deconfliction engine is run, STK Scheduler feeds the Ranking value into the Figure of Merit (FOM) calculation to produce a schedule with favored characteristics.
The Ranking value is a function of the priorities of the timeslot's resources, the timeslot's temporal position within the scheduling period, and the user-defined Scheduling Preference.
How Ranking is Calculated
The Ranking formula is as follows:
- desire is the Ranking value
- KPP is a user-defined weight specified on the FOM Properties Tab of the Schedule Properties Form
- PossibilityPriority is the average resource priority of the resources in the associated possibility
- KPN is a user-defined weight specified on the FOM Properties Tab of the Schedule Properties Form
- PositionRanking is an assigned value that indicates the temporal favoritism of a timeslot. (See Position Ranking)
If the Task Scheduling Preference is set to None, then the second term in the equation above is ignored.
Viewing or Modifying a Timeslot's Ranking Value
The Ranking value of a timeslot can be viewed on the Timeslots Definitions Tab of the Task Definition Form. The value can be modified by clicking the Edit button to open the Timeslot Definition Form. On this form, Ranking is normalized as a number between 0 and 100. The higher number the more favored the timeslot.